Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #479

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches 479!



Kim designed the perfect sketch to highlight a new stencil and the sentiment stamp I didn't use on the card posted yesterday. Knitting is probably my first crafting love. Even though I can go years between projects, I always come back to my needles. 

A while ago I searched for anything "knit" related in the papercrafting world and discovered this fun Carabelle Studio Tricot stencil. Molding paste inked with a touch of Kitsch Flamingo Distress Ink is stenciled onto to a light pink panel. 



The Sugar Peas Knit Wit sentiment and image are layered and colored with Copic markers while the panel dried. The vertical panel is replaced with a length of fiber wrapped around the main panel several times and tied off just below the sentiment panel.




Check of the amazing Clean Team cards and join in the fun this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous background - it totally looks like the stockinette stitch with maybe a little cable action!!! And so perfect behind that image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooove this! I like to knit too! The soft colors of your stenciling and yarn is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that knit background and I have always wanted to learn to knit but it seems VERY intimidating to me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card. I just love it, thanks for sharing it. I just noticed you're in the San Diego area. I lived there 20 some years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card design and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That textured background is amazing! It really puts me in mind of a comfy sweater! This so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jacquie, this card is fabulous! I just love the texture in the background! Goes perfectly with that sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqui I had to pop by and let you know just how awesome I think this card is!! I thought the background was dry embossed, so even more impressed on close inspection that you achieved the knitted look with embossing paste. Such a fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the texture and subtle colour in your stenciled panel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a sweet card Jacquie! It makes me feel so cosy! I love this knit texture background.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!