Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #477

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #477!



The square focal panel of Jen M's fabulous design, a new Simply Graphic die and five friends selling houses this week conspired to influence me into making a card that could be given to someone buying or selling a home.

The house is cut three times using two shades of Lawn Fawn Woodgrain cardstock and a scrap of red felt. The MFT Greetings & Salutations sentiment is heat embossed on the aqua panel before the house is assembled and adhered. It's always a challenge to match whites on a project and I was a little frustrated that the white embossing definitely took on a cream tone.




A square of the white woodgrain paper is cut along a diagonal line and adhered to the gray card base. I love the way the simple cut line adds interest to the design.




I hope you check out the terrific Clean Team Cards and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie









4 comments:

  1. The woodgrain paper is wonderful! Love that sweet diecut! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple - but so eye-catching with all of the texture. And it has so much meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing texture! I love the woodgrain but I'm really in love with the felt! I think I've got some felt around my craft room but I've never thought of putting it on a card. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt, this is CAS perfection, Jacquie! This is such a simple but so striking design!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!