Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #476

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #476!


I admit I fluffed it with Linda's great sketch this week, thinking I had the design solidly in my head and not checking again before adhering all my bits and pieces, so the diagonal line isn't quite as sharp as I could have made it.




With my dad's birthday coming up, I've depleted the always small stack of masculine cards ready to go, so decided to keep this design super clean and simple. A Taylored Expressions embossing folder adds a bit of interest and reinforces the musical theme started with the Poppystamps Happy Birthday Melody die. The large PTI balloon adds a bright pop of color.



The Clean Team has fabulous cards this week! I hope you are inspired to play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

I'm linking this card to Seize the Birthday #209 (Anything Goes) and Time Out Challenges, where they are celebrating their 7th Birthday with Challenge #182!


       


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


12 comments:

  1. That die is perfect for the sketch! Such a fun birthday card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the line like this-always nice to add a little twist to the sketch! And this works really well with the theme of your card. And fab texture with that gorgeous background. I love the vibrant green with the black-works really well for a CAS card. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday card design and perfect for any gender too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great design and I can totally see the sketch in it.
    Love how it has so much lovely detail, but is still CAS
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect die for this sketch! I love the bright pop of color with the balloon! This is a fun card for a masculine birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you combined all those musical elements with the festive birthday balloon. Super fun to see you in the Time Out gallery, and hoping that soon I will see you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tHE BOLD AND BIG BALLOON IS A GREAT COMBI WITH ALL THE MUSICAL NOTES! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great take on the sketch! Your musical theme and textured background are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the big balloon and all the musical notes - looks fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My diagonal angle wasn't as sharp as the sketch either, so we can sit in the naughty corner together :) Gorgeous card and such a clever idea to use the music die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jacquie! This is such a fun and clever take on the sketch! I'm totally wowed by your so creative mind! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!