Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #585

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #585!


I adore stripes so was thrilled to see Clean Team designer Judy Rozema's fabulous sketch this week! There is no shortage of striped stencils, embossing folders, dies and patterned paper in my collection and I pulled them all out and promptly ignored them. 

The idea of making my own stripes had me experimenting with the color from Zig Real Brush Markers and a wet 3/4" flat brush until I had a panel I liked with shades of brown through green. Sadly, this has been a rough few years for family and friends losing loved ones, so I need to replenish the supply of sympathy cards.




 The Memory Box Small Alder Tree is layered with the top cut from watercolor paper and the bottom from dark green cardstock for a little extra dimension. The PTI Penned Elegance sentiment is stamped with Memento Truffle Espresso ink before the panel is popped up over the dark green card base.





I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. I love the painted stripes! The gradation of color is so great!! This is a lovely card and will surely be appreciated (and I hope you do not need it anytime soon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painted stripes are fabulous and work perfectly with the die-cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely heart warming card to give on a tough day. Love the panels of watercolor with the compliment of the simple die cut. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful design, Jacquie! I can never resist a watercolor background! It's always so artsy! This one is no exception

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!