Thursday, May 12, 2016

MIM #248 Ink Blending Through Die Cut Masks + ColourQ Challenge #341

I haven't played along with the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday technique challenge in ages but, after seeing Lizzie's tutorial for MIM #248: Ink Blending Through Die Cut Masks and the colors ColourQ Challenge #341, I decided to make an anniversary card.


     


The masks were made with the PTI Limitless Layers heart die,  PTI  Framed Out #11 and a small unlabeled heart die and inked with Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz and Berry Sorbet inks.




Two stamps from PTI's All My Heart are paired to create the sentiment before the scatter of rainstones added. This panel is layered asymmetrically on a Berry Sorbet panel that has a scalloped edge on one side and then popped up on the kraft card base.

Tomorrow is our 21st wedding anniversary and, even though the last two weeks have been the most challenging by far, I still love the guy with all my heart. Stefan's elbow is healing but it is going to be a long, slow process and he is not a guy that does well under restrictions. He's also a DIY guy, so when his new brace was bugging him, he went into the garage and brought me a hacksaw to trim it down a couple of inches. I can't wait to hear how his doctor reacts to this adjustment.


MIM 248 You Make Me Happy Card  


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


10 comments:

  1. Oh how nice. Yours came out perfect.. I love the ink blending, I need to go try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. This is such a wonderful card. I love how those sponged hearts look. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CAS card looks lovely with the hearts and that color combination! Enjoy your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweetest of hearts! perfect blending!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hearts, Jacquie! And what lovely blending too. Happiest of anniversary to you both. Glad his elbow is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Jacquie...those hearts are blended just perfectly! And I love pink and orange together, so this card really is perfect in my eyes!! And a very happy anniversary to you and your husband!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Jacquie. The ink blending technique is perfect for your beautiful hearts. Happy Anniversary wishes to you!
    PS: I had to smile at your DH's adjustment to his brace ~ my husband would have so done the very same DIY thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Jacquie, love the heart theme with these colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta job with the MIM technique, this is pretty! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!