Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #574

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #574!


Can I confess that diagonal lines usually put me in a panic? I don't know why, because Jen Brum's sketch is perfect for using strips of patterned paper, washi tape or border dies and punches, whether as the main design or to create a base for a cluster element, but for some reason my creative mojo goes into a panic when I see them.

It was thinking about a family member moving through the final push of a major milestone that had me searching for an old favorite Altenew Figure Effects stamp set and Zig Real Brush Markers this week.




The image and sentiment were heat embossed on a watercolor paper panel and a section masked off to color in the path next. Once the diagonal line was established it was easy to add the grass and sky sections without further masking.



I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs at Freshly Made Sketches and play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



4 comments:

  1. My oh my this is amazing! Your zigs are way more talented than mine :) Perfect backdrop for your simple but oh so effective image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely fabulous! I just love all that water colouring! Love the stick person and the rock too! Such an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, this is such a fantastic take on the sketch! And secondly, this image is fabulous and makes for a wonderful encouragement card.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!