Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #572

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #572!



I missed last week's sketch mostly because COVID derailed my plans to get it done before we made a quick trip to Vancouver to help my mother-in-law celebrate her 90th birthday. Thankfully it was a short illness this time around and I was testing negative in time for my flight. Earlier in the month our lemon tree produced enough fruit to juice and freeze about 100 lemon cubes so I had citrus on the mind when I saw Linda's fabulous sketch for this week.




I love that the Memory Box Small Citrus dies can be used to make any citrus fruit and decided to watercolor pink grapefruit this week. Once the leaves and fruit were dried, the cluster was added to a strip of MFT Colorful Canvas paper. The MFT Itty Bitty Celebrations sentiment is added last and general enough for the card to be used for any type of celebration.



I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



5 comments:

  1. Love your lemons, Jacquie--what a great take on the sketch! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your water coloring on the fruit! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such pretty grapefruit! I love them! Your watercolouring is fabulous! I can't even imagine having a lemon tree!! Glad your Covid case was short and you were able to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to celebrate the big birthday! I think you not only had fruit on your mind from your lemon tree -but also "drinks" on my your mind from the struggles of being ill!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink grapefruit look amazing and really pop off the card! And what a wonderful reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!