Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #551

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #551!



My mind went immediately to washi tape as soon as I saw the three strips on Kim Singdahlsen's fun design this week so I pulled out the holiday tapes while thinking about what I would do with the main part of the panel. 




A few Copic markers are used to color the MFT Stuffed Santa images which fill in the space nicely and go with the fun Ho Ho Ho washi sentiment. The first version of this card used three washi tapes, but as sometimes happens, I wasn't really happy with the card so redid it replacing a couple washi strips with medium and dark gray cardstock to make it look more like a rooftop.

The snowy bits are given dimension with a Viva Pearl Pen.




I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs at Freshly Made Sketches and play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card Jacquie! I just love Santa! Your colouring is fantastic and I love the texture of the snow! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the snow and the clever placement of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!! The Ho Ho Ho stripe is so fun with the big guy stuck in his snowy chimney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun and festive holiday card. - I never thought of using Washi tape for the strips (clever) and I have a bunch. I see I'm not the only one who changes their mind on card elements. I think the colors of gray you used do make it resemble a roof top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your mind works! This card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I hope Santa makes it down the chimney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so super-cute and such a clever take on the sketch! I love this Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rooftop look! Such a fun use of the sketch and that Santa is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just love this super fun Christmas card, Jacquie! This cute Santa image makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!