Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #550

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #550!



The queen of fabulous clean and fresh designs, Jen Mitchell, has given us a great sketch that can be taken is so many directions. Clean and simple is my favorite style so I created the trio of panels with a few swipes of watercolor.




Teammate Cécile Ribon's lovely use of thread and floss in her designs inspired me to practice making French knots on a scrap of paper while the panel dried. After adding the PTI Life image and Gina K Designs Wild Roses sentiment, I felt brave enough to poke three holes and add the stitches.




The Clean Team has fabulous cards on display at Freshly Made Sketches! I hope you check them out and play along with us this week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card, Jacquie. I spotted it the instant I saw it on the blog, as being yours. Just your lovely style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer Jacquie! Not only do I love the splashes of watercolor but the French knots are an amazing addition! I haven't even thought about one of those since my cross-stitch days (a hobby of mine from a million years ago)! I love your beautiful, simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully artistic card & I adore the French knots! Every time I try to make French knots I have to start over figuring out how to do it--crazy! I don't remember having such a problem when I was doing cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use watercolour to mimic the panels in the sketch. This is such a fabulous card - so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!