Saturday, July 15, 2017

Muse #224

We have a very large house party happening in a few weeks and I'm supposed to be cleaning out the office so that we can use it as an extra guest room, but somehow was distracted and ended up with this card inspired by Tracey McNeely's card for Muse #224.


Muse #224 Tracey McNeely


The tear drop shape reminded me of an old favorite from Avery Elle'e Rounded Diamond stamp set and the hello die cut came courtesy of a friend's Taylored Expressions die I borrowed at a retreat a while back.




I varied the design by using two sizes of teardrops with a limited color palette and curving the images instead of running them in a line.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jacquie! What a fabulous take on Tracey's card! So glad you played a bit instead of doing the 'company cleaning!!' We've got tons coming next month, and I will be doing the same...ick. I'd rather make pretty cards like this one!! That 'hello' is marvelous in white, and those teardrops are done in such gorgeous colors. Love it!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie this is just stunning. I love the graphic and oh so CAS feel of it. That hello die has got to come home to me! Thank you so much for finding time to play along at Muse this week instead of yucky cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Jacquie, gorgeous and perfect CAS card.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally casing this card - it is simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, oh, oh, this is the epitome of sophistication! LOVE that use of the drops! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your selection of colors is just yummy... and the sentiment stands out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use your Rounded Diamonds stamp set, Jacquie! I love your color palette and your white die cut sentiment is fabulous! Such a lovely take on Tracey's card!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!