Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I created a watermark!

Taking the advice of a few friends, I decided to create a watermark before I continued to download more photos to this blog or any online galleries.

A fellow Mac user and friend, Melody, pointed me towards iWatermark from Plum Amazing. Thank you Melody!

My patience was tested today, and I am clearly still learning, but I have managed to put together a basic watermark that will do for now.

To show off the watermark, here is another card I created on our retreat at the beginning of the month:




I love the typewriter stamp and die set from My Favorite Things:  Just My Type. I also used one of MFT's rolled flower dies and combined them with a swirl of pearls, seed pearls and resin flowers. A trio of buttons finished off the design! The green & brown buttons are threaded with the same waxed linen thread. The brown button shows the thread as it is off the spool. What I love so much about it is I can make it any color I need or want by adding a little ink.

                                        Die-namics Just My Type Die & Stamp Set


Just to show I figured out how to move around the watermark, here is another card sample. I can't decide if I like this more translucent version or the one above. 




Opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Until we meet again,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. Fab watermark and cards! Love the first one, but the airplane on the second one is PERFECT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria,
    The plane pulling the banner was on the paper (MME), so I cut it to fit the card and stamped the sentiment (MFT).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the water mark looks good Jacquie, I how your cards turned out too- they photographed well! :)
    And I like how your header came out too!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!