Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - Sweet Season

There is another great inspiration photo at the Moxie Fab World blog this week for the Tuesday Trigger:



My first thought when I saw the photo was to do something with crepe paper ruffles, but I was poking around my basket of border punches and came across the Drippy Goo Martha Stewart punch. The wheels started spinning and I ended up with this sweet birthday card:




My first step was to create the cake. The Drippy Goo strips were adhered to a scrap of cardstock, the top edges rounded and then all edges outlined with a thin line of Stardust Stickles.

Then I stamped a sentiment from the My Favourite Things a la Mode Birthday Girl set with Versa Magic Turquoise Gem Chalk Ink on the banner, heat embossed it then inked and stickled the edges.

The pins holding the banner are Maya Road clear pins that have been colored with a Copic marker.

While the stickled edges were drying I tackled the engineering of a cake stand. 




After playing around with a few ideas, I settled on using a scalloped border punch, Squiggly Border die and Well Worn Greetings (dies are from My Favorite Things).




This card is heading to a crafty friend who will appreciate the little details - happy birthday Pat!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie this is so sweet! It looks good enough to eat! Love how you created the cake stand! All the details add up to a fantastic card that I am sure your friend will love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this fabulous card? I just love your dripping frosting off the cake! Looks yummy, Jacquie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you found the shapes you were looking for in what you had! So brilliant! The sparkles on that cake are fabulous, I feel like we need to cut it before it 'drips' :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was even better in person! Love the goo punch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely WONDERFUL! Such clever use of that border punch- love it!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!