Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink November 2014 Blog Hop Take 2

I am back with a second card for the Papertrey Ink November 2014 Blog Hop. You can find all the details and play along over here at Capture the Moment.


When I saw the theme for this month was "snow", I thought it was the perfect opportunity to post a card I made for Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine's World Card Making Day Contest. This one was not a winner :)

I die cut a curved edge piece from the white panel and then mounted this panel over a blue watercolored panel.

The sentiment is created with a Wet Pain Christmas die and stamp. Snowflakes, Wink of Stella, stickles, gems and sequins finish the card off.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has created for the hop!

Thanks for stopping by,


Papertrey ink November 2014 Blog Hop

For this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop we are challenged to be inspired by snow. You can check out the details and join in the fun over here at Capture the Moment.


I pulled out my new O'Tannenbaum stamp set and played with a few different ideas before settling on this stamped and heat embossed tree. The third step of this multi-step image was clear embossed so that when the panel was inked it looked like snow dancing around the tree.

The tree image is die cut and layered on a piece of patterned vellum paper before the sentiment panel is added with a Wet Paint Christmas die nestled into the stamped portion.

I'm happy to be adding another card to the Christmas stack and can't believe we are only a month away from the big day!

Thanks for stopping by,


Thursday, November 20, 2014

Muse #94 + PS Sparks Nov 16-22 Anything Goes + Merry Monday #135 Christmas Bells

I was playing around with the die cut technique used in Marion Vagg's card for Muse #94 today.

With Anything Goes at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge, I pulled out my Fresh Snow stamps to use, along with a sentiment from Christmas Sampler.

The snowflake was stamped first, then "peace" die cut from the panel and the rest of the sentiment selectively stamped.

The "peace" was die cut several more times from scraps of white and aqua cardstock. These are adhered together, with the stamped die cut on top, before being inset back into the stamped panel.

Wink of Stella adds a bit of twinkle to the die cut and a trio of bells is dangled from one side of the stamped panel before it is adhered to the card base.

I am also going to link this card up to Merry Monday #135 Christmas Bells.

Thanks for stopping by,


Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #100 + CASology 122: Flag & The Card Concept #23: Krafty Christmas Take 2

I still haven't decided if I'm going to mass produce a Christmas card for mail out this year, or continue to make as many one of a kind cards as I can. While I'm still thinking about it, I added two more to the stack.

This first card is my second take on The Card Concept #23 Krafty Christmas challenge and in the Clean & Layering category again (I think).

I had made this layered snowflake wreath from a Memory Box die a little while ago and never used it as originally planned.

To keep the design simple, an open frame is made with two square dies nested together and a matching enamel dot is place in the middle of the snowflakes. This is another sentiment from the Technique Tuesday Jingle All The Way stamp set that I've used a few times this week.

A close up lets you see the twinkle from a Wink of Stella brushed over both the vellum and cardstock die cuts.

This second card is based on CAS(E) this Sketch #100. Yes, 100!!! There is even more inspiration this week, as past Design Team members have joined the current Design Team to provide some extra amazing cards.

I really wanted to help celebrate the milestone and play along this week but, even with all the great DT inspiration, was having a really hard time translating this sketch into a unique design. Is wasn't until I saw the CASology Week 22 cue card: Flag that an idea came together for me.

I added a piece of patterned paper to the card base, carefully cutting it to center the "don't peek until Dec 24th" phrase, and then cut a vellum flag and white cardstock flag to layer over it. These layers are only adhered together at the top, allowing a bit of swing and movement between the layers.

Part of the sentiment is stamped on the white panel before it is embossed for added texture. The second sentiment is stamped and heat embossed in silver on the vellum.

A thin line of Diamond Stickles adds a frosty finish to the card.

Thanks for stopping by,


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Card Concept #23 Krafty Christmas + Merry Monday #135 Christmas Bells

I have a card to share that is influenced by The Card Concept #23 A Krafty Christmas challenge and Merry Monday #135 Christmas Bells.

For this Clean & Layering card, I created a simple swag tied together with bells and Baker's twine.

These little bells were picked up after the holiday season last year and have an elongated teardrop shape that I really love. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's Jingle All the Way stamp set.

A couple of weekends ago we were in Phoenix and I managed to squeeze in a very quick stop at Scraps of Love which was oh so conveniently located between our friends' place and the hockey arena. It is a great store for both cardmakers and scrapbookers and I managed to leave with this little Impression Obsession Leaf die.

Thanks for stopping by,