Thursday, July 5, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #51 & Make It Monday #73

This is a first for me - I've looked at the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenges in the past, but  always feel a little "ribbon challenged" if you know what I mean. I'm never quite sure how to use ribbon in creative and innovative ways.

The theme for RRR51 is "children's birthday with ribbon" and I had this bright, beautiful May Arts chevron striped twill sitting on my desk that I have been really wanting to use.

This is the card I came up with:




I adhered alternate pieces of turquoise and celery chevron twill on a piece of scrap paper, trying my best to line up the chevrons.


I took a small scrap of blue patterned paper and attached a squiggly line of brads from my stash, keeping to the blue/green color palette.





The birthday sentiment is stamped onto a scrap of green check paper from the Lily Bee Design Victoria Park Tiny Tablet. This stamp is from the Papertrey Ink Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set and one of my favorites.




I heated embossed the sentiment to balance the shine and glitter on the brads. Because I stamped onto patterned paper, I am also entering this in the Make It Monday#73 challenge at Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. I love that chevron ribbon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so stunning! I love what you did with ribbon and all of the brads, just so clever and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job you really rocked this challenge... love that trim! :) and your geometrics balance with the brads and your paper choices are right on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - I love it! one of my favorite color combos to begin with and then that chevron twill - amazing how you lined that up; love the fun row of brads and wonderful stamping on that gingham - just a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so festive and fun. I just love it. I had a very nice session at Paper Tales this morning--they are the first place I have seen in town with a decent selection of 6X6 pads. I'll need to keep that in mind, or steer clear--can't decide which.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love your colour combo and the use of ribbon. And oh, those brads.. so fun to look at all lined up! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job with the ribbon and brads!
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! and a lot of work in my book. Lining up the chevrons-oh my! Great job, love the colors and brads, and stamping...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome use of that chevron ribbon! Totally cool card! Thanks for entering the RRR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! What a creative use of your ribbon. Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card! Love how you used the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!