Sunday, July 8, 2012

MFTWSC79 beach time

Hmmm, this is a first I think - I made a card for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, but I didn't stamp anything - not an image, not a sentiment!

Here is the sketch for MFTWSC79:



And my card:




I did use three different sets of MFT Die-namics, so don't feel too bad about not stamping anything.

The main panel is pieced together using the Die-namics Hexagon, the stars are cut with the Stars Stax and the sentiment tag is cut with the Fishtail Flags Stax.

The little blue star is cut with the smallest star in the Stax set and is a tiny die - I've "lost" it twice already in the office. The charm and bit of ribbon & twine are from my stash.




The larger two fishtail flag pieces are cut with the same die - trimming the blue piece along  the emboss line allows these to stack nicely. 

I decided to use letter stickers from Lily Bee Designs and freed one of the Making Memories seashell brads from it's packaging (it wasn't easy . . . I think I have hoarded these for at least 8 years, maybe longer).



This tag is popped up with foam adhesive to add dimension.

All the paper is from the Authentique Fresh paper pad - including the beach babes image in the corner.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. oooh I like the paper! I have not seen that pad yet! Great job on the hexagons. That die set is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this- I picked this up from Gee gees- and just love paper and your card really shows it off! Also love the hexagons! (which I also picked up from MFT.) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I just bought this paper last week. I love seeing how you use it in a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so lovely! I love the way you interpreted the sketch! Great use of the metal embellishments too! Beautiful and makes me want to go to the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!