Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tuesday Trigger & Fabulous Friday

I love days where I have a little more crafty time than expected - my kids are teens, so don't require the same level of direct supervision that was needed a few years ago. Still, our rule is that an adult needs to be home before they can go in the pool with friends. The perfect spot to "supervise" them is from our office, so while I listened to the splashing and frolicking poolside, I cranked out a few more projects.

The Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday challenge this week is to use Washi Tape in a project.

Have I mentioned before how much I love washi tape? I love the translucency of it and am excited to see many paper manufacturers adding washi to their product lines.

I already had my flower dies out and really liked the red/pink/coral colors in this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World, so decided to create another card that could be entered in their challenge as well.

Remember the trigger?



My card:



So where is the Washi Tape?

I started with these tapes from My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Citron Grow (green) and Ginger Pictures (pink) collections.




I layered strips of the tape on scrap pieces of cardstock. Both are layered on white and the pink tape is also layered on yellow, pink and red. Depending on how you line up the strips of tape, you can create different patterns.



My Favorite Things Die-namics were used to cut the flowers (Prima Donna Petals and Hibiscus centers) and leaves (Royal Leaves).

A large Wilton doily and stamp from the MFT Let's Toast die and stamp set round out the supply list.




These close-ups give you a better idea of the color variations from the different cardstocks.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


12 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the style - what a great combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!!! The colors are great and your flowers are awesome!!

    Thanks for sharing your project and tutorial with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Those flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you rockin' out the tape! What a great idea! You invent some of the coolest techniques...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jacquie! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative way to use wash. You have given me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful card and I love the way you used the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you totally want to reach out and touch this card in person! Nice card, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super love your flowers!!!! what a creative use of washi!!! now me inspired to make some too!!! especially when I can't find matching flowers!!! thanks for sharing this with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your beautiful card pops with vibrant colors. Clever girl. I'm the cricket that just joined your blog. Can't wait to see what else I'll learn.
    Well deserved win, congratulations.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!