Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CAS-ual Friday 64 & Colour Q #149

I'm back! Did you miss me? I missed you . . . we are back with suitcases full of Smarties & Cheezies, have seen incredible fireworks and are extemely thankful the weather was wonderful. Just based on that little bit of info, some of you may be able to guess where we were.

I should be cleaning and rearranging my house for the fourteen (yes, that's right, fourteen!) house guests that are rolling in on Friday, but after 10+ days wth no crafting, the pull of the office was too great.

In fact, I am supposed to be cleaning off my table so we can pull it out of the room and use the space as a temporary guest room, so I might be in big trouble when dear husband gets home.

I am combining two challenges with this card:


This is my first time playing along with the Colour Q Challenge and I tried to color match the palette as best I could.

I was also inspired by the CAS-ual Fridays Guest Designer Challenge:


cfc64

So how did I do?



For CFC64, the challenge was to make a project featuring things you would see in the sky. My chipboard birds (Maya Road?) are painted and layered with a bit of scrap paper. 

Something close to the Certainly Celery green from the cQc was the hardest one for me to find, but the smaller bird/larger wing were painted with a close color before the paper was added - this photo shows the color better.




The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts and the panels are diecut with the Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles Nestabilities.

Our guests are coming for a five family annual weekend that has evolved to involve some sort of friendly competition. The dear kids & I have been in planning mode for a while and used the crafty supplies to make these aprons for our Chopped/Master Chef salsa making competition. Anyone recognize the Making Memories foam stamps? And the Man & Woman stamps - those are from a Creating Keepsakes kit that I just can't seem to part with.


Some of the ingredients the kids wanted to put in the "mystery box" for the challenge were pretty outrageous until I reminded them we were the judges and would have to eat everything!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

10 comments:

  1. Those birds are so cute, love their shape. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jacquie - those birds turned out so cute! And the salsa making competition sounds like it will be fun and hilarious!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love all the textures and great colours too. Thanks so much for playing along @CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet birds! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love those birdies! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, love how you worked in patterned papers! Good luck with all your house guests, sounds like a good time indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those itty bity birdies! And am so wanting to hear how the Chopped competition turns out! Call me once the guests go home and we can have coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, Jacquie! so glad you decided to join us this week at the colourQ and share your card, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute card! I bet your glad you got the crafting out of your system! ;) Hope you enjoy you guests, thanks for playing at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!