Monday, July 16, 2012

MFTWSC80 The Best Things

My Favorite Things has come up with another great sketch for the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge they host on Splitcoast Stampers.


This week's sketch:



And my card:



I pulled out the MFT Vertical Greetings II stamp & die set along with  the Authentique Lively paper pad - I needed to work with bright colors and inspiring thoughts today!

The sentiment panel is stamped with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink, heat embossed and then sponged all over with a little Spun Sugar Distress Ink.

The larger chipboard butterfly (Maya Road?) is covered with Brillance Rust ink and mounted on an oval panel where the sentiment tab is in the sketch.



I covered the smaller butterflies with Smooch and then a thin smear of Worn Lipstick Distress Stickles. They are adhered with glue dots so that one wing is lifted up to give a bit of movement to the design. 

Looking at the finished card, I wish I had used another color for the small butterflies, but then I would have had to figure out what product to use to color them - I only have the one bottle of Smooch {grin}. Time was running out and sometimes you just have to walk away.

Please excuse a little bragging:  I've added a couple of award blinkies to the blog this week. My entry at Frosted Designs won the Washi Tape challenge and I was a runner-up at Really Reasonable Ribbon. It does put a smile on my face to win, but more than anything I really appreciate the blog world for giving a great venue for challenges and inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

3 comments:

  1. Another beauty! I love the sketch and your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Jacquie! I love your scalloped edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jacquie! And congrats on the challenge wins! I love looking at all of your gorgeous creations! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!