Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - Allegro Con Brio Take Two & CAS-ual Friday

Do you ever have an idea for a card spinning around in your head, but it takes a few days to come together? That's what happened to me this week with the Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World. I made and posted a card inspired by the trigger photo a couple of days ago, but it really didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

I kept coming back to the image:



I sat down at my desk and poked through scraps of patterned paper trying to bring the plan together and  three colors of the same chevron design from My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side paper pad ended up at the top of the pile.




Using my paper trimmer I sliced up the chevrons and then rearranged the strips to create a bigger chevron pattern. Let's just say I am thrilled with the results!




This has the line, color and shape I wanted. The playful energy of the design screamed for a fun sentiment, so I pulled out an older Hero Arts stamp.




The ink is Pearlescent Rust from Brilliance and also plays to the energy with a nice shiny, glittery look. I edged the white panel with Memento Dandelion ink and popped the whole panel up with foam adhesive. The sentiment panels are cut with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Diamond dies and trimmed to fit along the chevron lines.




The top and bottom edges of the chevrons are left loose to form a bit of a fringe - again playing to the energetic feel of the card.

I am so happy I made a second attempt at this challenge!

I've decided to also enter this card in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #61 which is to use strips of color or pattern in a Clean and Simple creation. This is my first time participating in a Clean and Simple challenge, but I've been a regular stalker on their blog.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


10 comments:

  1. Well, that sure wasn't a 10-min card! What a lot of futzy trimming! You so totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the idea took days LOL, but it seriously came together in less than 20 minutes once I started cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your first Tuesday Trigger card I was so excited. You captured the optical illusion element! And you've done it again, and with so much creativity and precision! (I also tried for the optical illusion look, http://creativechabadcrafts.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html#6927154970566709154, but I think I need to tweak it a bit next time)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you really rocked this challenge. I love your chevron strips, formed into another chevron. How fun is this, and your sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! As I look through the thumbnail photos I stop to comment on the ones that catch my eye.Wow! Your card is fantastic!
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and creative idea! You nailed this one! I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to congratulate . I was so beyond happy to win VIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Chevron heaven! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a COOL card! I just love what you did with the chevrons! I think I might need to get some "brilliance" inks...they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jacquie! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!