Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - Pretty Poppies

I am so happy the Tuesday Trigger is back at Moxie Fab World!

This is my take on the inspiration photo:



And the trigger:



So, as you can see, I focussed on the flowers and scalloped edge of the plate.

I  loved the soft, light feel of the poppies, so went to a product I haven't used in a long, long time: vellum!

The flowers & leaves were cut with Hibiscus and Royal Leaves dies from My Favorite Things.  I layered the flowers together and finished the centers off with older brads from my stash (Girls Paperie, Making Memories and Kaiser Crafts).

I don't know what that little bit is behind the large leaf above, but you can see it disappeared before I took this next photo.



The "scalloped" ribbon is a piece of rickrack that I trimmed one side off and the stamp is an old favorite.

I love this leaf die - the veins are embossed and the leaf has a bit of a lift off the page, giving great dimension to a project.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



4 comments:

  1. I think this is a perfect reflection of the trigger. I love your vellum flowers~they are lifelike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those brads look familiar...like I may be hoarding some of those, too! This is a great take on the challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! I love vellum but never think to use if for leaves and flowers - this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!