Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #501

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches!


It was such fun to see the gallery fill up last week with all of you helping us celebrate sketch #500! Kim is starting us on the way to the next 500 with a terrific classic design.

I don't usually make a lot of Halloween cards but have a fun Poppystamps Scary Ghost die waiting impatiently to be used. And I didn't want to risk upsetting an impatient ghost.



My idea was to create a bit of dimension by embossing a white panel and then cutting the small rectangle panel from the center. The outside frame is adhered to the card base first, then an orange polka dot panel added for a bit of fun and finally the center panel is popped back in so the embossed lines match up.

I hope the ghost looks like she is rising from a smoky swirl with her bottom end adhered flat to the panel and a foam dot elevating her head.



Make sure you check out this Freshly Made Sketches post to see if you won one of the fabulous prizes our sponsors offered last week!

A random number generator helped me pick the winner of this prize. 



The winning number is 1, which means I will be in contact with you,  Stephanie! Please don't hesitate to email me at jjsouthas@yahoo.com if an email doesn't show in your inbox today.

I'm adding this card to the NBUS Challenge #30 to celebrate using the ghost die!



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jacquie, I will send you an email just to save you time! Love your ghost card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another darling Halloween card design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun Halloween card! I love that ghost! Love the colour combination and that fabulous texture as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that ghost - cute as can be! And the textured panels are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I need to be inspired about how to flawlessly layer a card design, I come here, Jacquie. Your impatient ghost is delighted to be the centerpiece of this wonderful textured design! (My eye loves that you lined up the wood grains!) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this ghostie the cutest?? I love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this ghost is super-cute and how clever of you to match the embossed layers! Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So ghosty and so cute! I love this combination of Halloween image and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's cute! And I love the way you did the background with the texture crossing the two panels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun Halloween card, Jacquie! That cute ghost makes me smile and I love this happy color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great clean and crisp Halloween card. I love those orange eyes. A very wise idea not to upset a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. I love it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!