Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches #396




Clean Team designer Linda Callahan has given us a fabulous sketch to work with this week!




This card is miles away from where I started the design, but once I had the idea to stitch a frame I couldn't let it go. This MFT Happy Llamadays llama image fit the rustic feel of my stitching. A little selective stamping allowed me to transform it from a Christmas holiday stamp to a birthday image.




The sentiment is masked to remove the "s", heat embossed and the tassel stitches added before it is adhered to the card base.

The Clean Team has terrific ideas this week - check them out and join us over at Freshly Made Sketches!

I'm linking this card to Seize the Birthday! in the Anything Goes category.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



7 comments:

  1. All that stitching must have taken ages, Jacquie! That looks terrific, and it's a perfect compliment to your llama. What a fun card and a brilliant take on that sketch. This makes me smile! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card design and I love the stitched frame you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and fun! Love your stitching too... My dad used to raise alpacas, so this reminds me of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, love the stitching, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitching! Oh my, that must have taken ages. And what a beautiful design element it is. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I absolutely love your stitching! I am so glad you did not 'let it go'. The llama image pairs perfectly with the stitching. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!