Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CASology Week 239: LANDMARK

Welcome to Week 239 at CASology!




Landmark can be a specific thing (Eiffel Tower, Space Needle, etc.) or a general thing (lighthouse, inukshuk, etc.) or an event or milestone, leaving you so many different ways to interpret this cue word.

I was inspired to make this card after spotting the collection of souvenir snowglobes in my daughter's room the other day.




This card took a little planning, as I wanted the glass beads and stars to fall on both sides of the Seattle skyline, highlighting the landmark Space Needle. Two cuts of the skyline die are made and adhered together for a little more stability and then two foam panels cut with a slightly larger circle to go on either side of the skyline.




You can see how the filling moves freely on both sides of the skyline.




The sentiment is pieced together from Avery Elle's Simply Tags stamp set and heat embossed on a Memory Box snow globe base.

Check out the Design Team cards for more great ideas!



Jacquie Southas (you are here)

Guest Designer: Wendy!




We are looking forward to seeing how LANDMARK inspires you -  just remember to keep it Clean & Simple! You have until Monday at noon (CMT) to link your card to the CASology blog. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I see! I wondered how you got it looking so 3D. It was well worth the planning, Jacquie! It looks AMAZING. I honestly think there is something magical about a snowglobe. I had a very basic version as a kid, but I recall it having a very special place on my dressing table. A very long time ago now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!