Sunday, September 27, 2015

Muse #134 + Simon Says

After a disappointing football day (not looking good Chargers), I retreated to the office to finish a card using a watercolored panel that I started earlier in the week.




 The inspiration came from the lovely, bubbly card Anita Bowden gave us for the Muse #134 challenge.



I love the interlocking bubbles embossed on Anita's card and the airy, bokeh feel of it and really wish I had that background stamp in my collection, but I don't. After playing with a few different ideas I was happiest with the watercolored panel made with the PTI World Map stamp which replaces the circles with a grid pattern.

I stayed with the blue, green and pink color palette, added a SSS die cut and stamped sentiment and replaced the thread nest with a trio of enamel dots.




This card is also being linked to the Wednesday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp where the challenge this week is No Designer Paper.

I was distracted from finishing this post by a much better football afternoon (yeah Seahawks!) and the very cool solar eclipse this evening. Events like that make me kick myself for not getting my DSLR camera fixed or replaced.

Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

9 comments:

  1. Love your take on the Muse! What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Jacquie!! I am so VERY late to the MUSE party, you really were creative on this, LOVELY !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - very clever to use a big image/background image in a similar way! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card...wish I had your world stamp. As for the Chargers, I used to live in San DIego and cheer them on, but now live in MN...so it's the Vikings now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. REally gorgeous, creative, and clever, Jacquie! Love your inspired card!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how clever is this?! I love how you took my colours and used them on your map which is so effective.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that map, Jacquie, and the way you colored it to meet the inspiration. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful card, love the map perfect for a Missing you card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your watercolored panel is beautiful! I'm sorry football was disappointing, but your card is anything but that...it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!