Friday, January 30, 2015

Merry Monday #143 : Carolers/Music + Simon Says Anything Goes

I can't believe I might get a post up before the afterschool madness starts. This is a card I made for the Merry Monday Challenge #143: Carolers/Music and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog where Anything Goes this week.



Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


The card is miles from where I started and then required a further adjustment because of an ink smudge. The Paper Smooches "fa la la" is stamped on inked holly leaves and heat embossed white. A few extra leaves are tucked under the speech bubble panel, hopefully balancing the card out a bit as it was a little top heavy.




A scrap of Teresa Collins designer paper and a sheet music embossed panel are adhered directly to the card base.




The trio of glittery enamel dots finish the card off.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

11 comments:

  1. A perfect "caroling" card...I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm singing along! Hate smudges, but I love this card! You covered it up well. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how big, bright and fun your card is!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun use of the "Fa la la"! I love the embossed background and your colors for this festive card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the Merry Monday challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the rich red and green Jacquie! beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - nothing like getting an early start!!
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your cheerful card made me smile, Jacquie!!! So cute for the Merry Monday challenge!! I love the rich colours!!!! The leaves at the bottom surely balance it out perfectly!!! Yeah, for an early start on X-mas cards!!!
    Have a lovely Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fa's and la's! Great use of the speech bubble. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you did this. The words and then the music texture--looks great.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!