Wednesday, November 6, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #52 + CFC119

This card has me giddy, I am so happy the way it turned out. I'm supposed to be concentrating on flat holiday cards that can be mailed without any added postage, but then realized a trip later this month to see my parents means I can hand deliver a number of cards. This one is a little longer & narrower than usual, making it perfect for holding a little Christmas cash.

I started with the current CAS(E) this Sketch! and the tiny jingle bells that have been living on my desk the last couple of weeks.






This red bells are throwing the color balance off, giving a pinkish tinge to the card which is driving me crazy - the card is really pure white in real life.

I cut a rectangular panel, then used a border die to round the bottom and cut the panel into four sections. A Technique Tuesday sentiment is stamped on the bottom panel and the other three were embossed for a little extra texture. 




All nine bells are strung on one piece of linen thread which is adhered to the back of the panels. A glue dot holds the middle bell in each section in place, but the others are able to move around. The pieces of the panel are all popped up with foam squares.

The dry embossing makes this card eligible for the current CASual Friday Challenge.


CFC119: Use dry or heat embossing on your Clean And Simple project.
Deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 13th at noon eastern.


I just checked the new challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog and since it is Keep It Clean and Simple, I am going to link this card over there too.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

24 comments:

  1. Noticed your card in Simon Says Stamp blog - great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative & awesomely CAS, I love it! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Fabulous!!! Love those bells Jacquie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm calling "winner, winner" for this fantastic card. I was drawn to it right away. Ingenious idea! Totally love this. Those little jingle bells are perfect. Really great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this sweet with those little red bells

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! Seriously, those red jingle bells are the bomb! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Jacquie, this is just stunning! I love how those red bells have been weaved around your embossed panels - so effective! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Very classy. I like the white on white too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, this is so cool! I love how you incorporated the jingle bells! Fabulous take on the sketch, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool take on the sketch. Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute and creative idea! I love the red bells on the white card! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog and the CAS-ual Fridays Embossing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this beauty. It is so very cool. Looks like a super fun roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SIMPLY amazing and JINGELiffic!!! Love this - I would be bursting at the seams with this gem too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the coolest Christmas card I have seen yet this season! I love jingle bells and red and white! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cute cute idea with the jingle bells and you've kept this CAS!!!! Love love! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cool card....such an interesting and different card....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool idea! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously, Jacquie, you have been creating some really awesome cards!!! I love it! You created the best movement on this one, reminds me of a toy my boys had when they were younger where wooden cars would go down ramps back and forth. Your card is so CAS too! So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was SO amazing, my FAVE card of this year so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just gasped aloud when I saw this in the winner's gallery just now over at Casual Fridays! Incredible, Jacquie! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that is one non-mailable card that I would LOVE to receive. Such fun! And who doesn't love a good TT sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!