Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Card Camp Week 2

I finally had time late last night and early this morning to play around with the techniques and challenges for the Summer Card Camp 2 class.

For this first card I combined a few resist embossing techniques demonstrated by Kristina and Tammy. The woodgrain ring is embossed and inked and the bird embossed and watercolored. I did ink the edges to help it stand out a bit from the background.



Looking at it now, I regret not embossing the sentiment, but was in a "get it done" mode.

This second card is as close to a CASE as I could get of Jennifer's card. In my rush to get it done, I completely forgot to start with watercolor paper. The bouquet is stamped and masked and then restamped with the largest size stamps in Versamark.




The heat embossing protects the stamping and allows you to watercolor a background. The cardstock can pill and warp easily, so I took care not to get it too wet.




In my rush to "get it done" I ended up making two floral panels. See the one on the left? Why yes, I did use my white embossing powder instead of the clear - at least I had a panel to test my paint color. I almost walked away at this point, but the second bouquet came together much quicker.




Lots to do today - hoping to get a little more crafty time later tonight!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying seeing your cards from this camp. Glad you persisted after the white embossing mistake to make 2 beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!