Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fusion Sketch #13 + Make It Monday #123 Take Two

Saturday nights have definitely changed over the years - this is one of those nights I am going to be in and out chauffeuring kids around, so between runs I am taking a few minutes to post a card I made earlier this week.




For this card, I paired the Fusion Hypotheses #13 Sketch Challenge with the PTI Make It Monday #123: Making Your Own Paint challenge. The Fusion challenge is going on for a whole month, so there is plenty of time to play along, but time is running down to participate in the MIM challenge.




I used gesso and Blueberry Sky ink to create a custom paint color and ran it along the edges of the music patterned paper panel - the color came out more like Spring Rain which was fine with me.




The Bountiful Banner die cut was painted with a dry brush - I wanted a color close to the Vintage Cream card base, so added the tiniest touch of Dark Chocolate to the white gesso. Once the paint dried the sentiment was stamped in Blueberry Sky ink.

All the designer papers are from the Authentique Glory paper pad.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

5 comments:

  1. Jacquie, such a great take on the sketch! Love the energy coming from your panel of notes, and then the stars to the side. Very patriotic. So glad you joined the FUSION challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and patriotic card! I love the paint you created and how the stamping on top looks! I need to try this!
    As usual your wonderful cards always inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a great technique! You are an inspiration for all of us! Love how you created such an artistic banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous patriotic card. I can't believe you made your own paint! I watched that video, and was so intimidated--good for you for trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!