Monday, June 11, 2012

just my type MFTWSC75

We are on our second wave of summer visitors - can we call them that when, technically, it is not summer yet?

The visits are short and sweet, but it is hard to sneak away & create and even harder to sneak away for a few minutes on the computer. Right now I am typing (keyboarding?) as quietly as I can while a teen or two sleeps a couple of feet away.

This is the sketch for MFTWSC75 at Splitcoast Stampers:

And here is my card:


I used the Just My Type stamp & die set from My Favorite Things and Lily Bee designer paper along with Archival black ink for the sentiment and stamped image and a little Memento London Fog on the edges.


The "paper" with the sentiment is popped up with a foam adhesive.

It took me a while to figure out the embellishment I wanted for the bottom left corner. This morning I woke up and wondered if I still had a sheet of old typewriter alphabet stickers. As you can see I did!


I inked the edges of the chipboard circles, added the number stickers and layered them in the corner.

Our guests have priority for the next couple of days, dear daughter has finals at the end of the week, and then we are all on vacation!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

5 comments:

  1. great card love the typewriter keys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card. I love that typewriter. I'm trying to buy that Lily Bee paper, and it is out of stock, so I am also jealous of your card. And, eek--holy cow--we are practically neighbors--I never knew I lived so close to another crazy crafter! Do you ever go to Gee Gee's in Carlsbad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. I thought your "keys" were buttons! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the stickers you found to finish your card, Jacquie. I also love that typewriter stamp. The colors you used for paper really make everything stand out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacque - I just love your card! The colors, the adorable typewriter embellishments! Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!