Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #506

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #506!

Diagonal lines in a sketch are always a bit of a challenge for me, but I have to thank Clean Team designer Amy O'Neill for pushing me out of my comfort zone this week. I really love the way this design turned out.




The Simon Says Stamp Alexis snowflake die is cut three times and layered with a white cardstock base, a vellum center and a glitter cardstock top. My first thought was to run diagonal lines of smaller snowflakes but I didn't like the look and decided to play around with the vellum. 

The Stamp Market Quick Strip dies were used to cut 1/2 inch vellum strips and 1/8 inch glitter paper strips that were alternated to form the diagonal panel. An MFT Snow Globe Sentiment is heat embossed on the last vellum strip before it was added to the panel.

A few smaller glitter paper snowflakes cut for Plan A finish this design.




Check out the fabulous Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



9 comments:

  1. I love all of the sparkly beauty on this card! And those frosty blue stripes -- perfection! Beautifully done, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with this card! The way you layered the snowflake is genius in my book and the alternating vellum and sparkly diagonal layers is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft blue vellum with the sparkle! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous! I love all of that white and the soft blue! So pretty! The sparkle reminds me of some freshly fallen snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how soft and beautiful this card is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. So soft and wintery looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous! It has a wonderful soft and frosty look to it - so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a beauty - so soft and light. The vellum is a lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!