Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches #376




Our host this week is the uber talented Karren Johnson with a sketch where the sentiment straddles two panels. Concord & 9th's City Stacks stamp set has been sitting on my desk since I picked it up during the holiday sales (after being completely smitten with it while crafting with Joyce Mehrberg one day) and I realized it would be easy to stamp this sentiment in two colors with a little masking.




Once the sentiments were heat embossed on the panel, a line was masked off between them and the bottom half inked with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. The city skyline image is lined up around the top sentiment and a black pen used to pull a few of the building edges down to the inked portion of the panel.




The Clean Team has fabulous cards to help inspire you! I hope you play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Thanks for stopping,

Jacquie




9 comments:

  1. Oh your skyline is terrific! Love how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love this, Jacquie! I can think of lots of friends I would like to send this to! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just love how you interpreted this sketch. Straddling the sentiment across the two layers is genius! Your design packs quite a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card Jacquie! I just love that city skyline and the green at the bottom! That sentiment is pretty fantastic too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute scene and fabulous sentiment! I love how you flipped the sentiment colors with the panel colors. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fell in love with this card the moment I saw it. What a great way to use this fun stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool and such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!! So perfect for the sketch and wow, what a great card to send. I love this sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!