Sunday, February 12, 2017

Muse #202 and Color Throwdown #429

I am popping in to quickly post a couple of cards for challenges with deadlines approaching. This first card is inspired by Anita's card for Muse #202.




I'm at a retreat with some of my favorite crafting ladies which means I get to use dies, stamps and products belonging to them. For this card, I scored a line on the white panel and ran three rows of washi tape, then scored another line. The borrowed Taylored Expressions Hello die is cut twice (white and yellow) and layered before being adhered to the panel.




I was inspired by the camouflaged sentiment and bright colors on Anita's card.


Muse #202


For this second card, I used the Color Throwdown #429 colors and played with Ken Oliver Color Burst pigments.




The Rubbernecker poppy image was heat embossed on watercolor paper first and then the colors added in layers. A simple PTI sentiment finished this card.







Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie






7 comments:

  1. I just adore the little floral dp panel with your "hello" Jacquie. Just the sweetest. Then you go and knock my socks off with your gorgeous watercoloring and pops of color. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards!!! Love the CAS design on the first with the pop of color with the flower panel! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Washi tape floral panel and your sentiment with the yellow beneath the white. Great interpretation of Anita's muse. The colors on the Color Throwdown card are WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea to use the washi in this way! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, Jacquie! I love the floral pattern you created with your Washi on the first one, and your watercoloring on the 2nd card is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these, Jacquie! That washi is so pretty, I adore the layout of your card, so classy. And those scribbly poppies are just fabulous, loving those vibrant colours.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Jacquie, love them both. Love the pop of blue on the second card against the orange flowers. Stunning

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!