Sunday, February 10, 2013

Papertrey Ink 6th Anniversary Challenges Take Four

The 6th Anniversary celebrations are in full swing over at Papertrey Ink and Capture the Moment. You can join in the fun and check out the contests here.

I am working my way through the Papertrey Ink Design Team members, trying to CASE some of their favorite cards from 2012 that were highlighted on this post - after all, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? Today I am inspired by this card from Jessica Witty.




Even though I really was drawn to the bright and bold color scheme, somehow I ended up with a more muted and monochromatic palette.



I used the same Background Basics: Herringbone stamp as Jessica, along with a sentiment from PTI's Daily Designs Sentiments, patterned paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and the brads from my stash.

Today Nichole Heady challenged us to use one of these 5 sketches to create a card.

Sketch-3
I used some new My Mind's Eye paper and embellishments that I won from Moxie Fab World to make this card based on Sketch #3.



Embroidery floss is threaded through the cardstock buttons, but otherwise everything is from the MME Notable collection. The sentiment is from PTI's Daily Designs Sentiments stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

4 comments:

  1. Love them both. Very cool buttons on the second card, and I like all the blues of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Jessica's card and I love your take on the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie! Oh wow, what fun colors together on your last card! Isn't that a fun sketch too? From looking at the gallery it seems that it's a popular one to CASE. You did so well with it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Cases Jacquie and I love the colours and patterns you chose.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!