Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CASual Friday Challenge 84: Thank You

I really appreciate any thank you cards I receive, and have tried to instill the art of sending a thank you card in my children. I am not sure if the lesson will stick in the long run, but this year my son was very aware of which teachers thanked him for the Christmas gift cards we dropped off before the holiday break. Several teachers thanked him personally and one had a thank you card waiting when school started up yesterday.

I usually have them make their own thank you cards for gifts received - now that they are teens, there is very little in my stash of supplies that is off limits. Occasionally I even have to track down a paper trimmer or tape gun in their homework area.

This year they don't have to make all the cards because I wanted to play a bit with my Paper Smooches Qwick Qwips stamp set and made a few they can use for some of their aunts & cousins.




These were super fast & easy!

I used Tim Holtz distress inks (Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass), Memento Tuxedo Black ink and a little pink Baker's Twine.



They will be making something a little more traditional for their grandparents.

The CASual Fridays Challenge is to make a CAS Thank you, so I am linking these cards up over there.


cfc84
CFC84: Create a Clean And Simple Thank You card


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. What cute cards. They may be quick, but they sure pack a punch. I also like my daughters to write thank you notes, and hope it sticks when they go off on their own. I think that having cute note cards to use makes the task that much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on my kids sending thank yous. This is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thank you cards. My children always had to send a thank you card before they could cash the gift check my mother would always send.
    I love that they were fast to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And what a great lesson to teach your children. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!