I kept coming back to the image:
I sat down at my desk and poked through scraps of patterned paper trying to bring the plan together and three colors of the same chevron design from My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side paper pad ended up at the top of the pile.
Using my paper trimmer I sliced up the chevrons and then rearranged the strips to create a bigger chevron pattern. Let's just say I am thrilled with the results!
This has the line, color and shape I wanted. The playful energy of the design screamed for a fun sentiment, so I pulled out an older Hero Arts stamp.
The ink is Pearlescent Rust from Brilliance and also plays to the energy with a nice shiny, glittery look. I edged the white panel with Memento Dandelion ink and popped the whole panel up with foam adhesive. The sentiment panels are cut with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Diamond dies and trimmed to fit along the chevron lines.
The top and bottom edges of the chevrons are left loose to form a bit of a fringe - again playing to the energetic feel of the card.
I am so happy I made a second attempt at this challenge!
I've decided to also enter this card in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #61 which is to use strips of color or pattern in a Clean and Simple creation. This is my first time participating in a Clean and Simple challenge, but I've been a regular stalker on their blog.
Thanks for stopping by,