Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday Trigger: Pattern Play + CASology Bunny

My "To Do" list has been a mile long the last few days, but I had to take a very quick detour into the office this morning.

This Tuesday Trigger: Pattern Play from Moxie Fab World was haunting me and I finally decided to give myself 30 minutes to get one idea out of my head.


The card is inspired by some of the colors and the symmetrical pattern in the Trigger image.



The images are stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with a clear embossing powder, but it comes across as white embossing when the distress inks were painted over the pattern.

Two versions made it into the trash and my 30 minutes were up - this is one of those techniques that I could make a few dozen panels before I felt 100% satisfied - but I do love the contrast of the symmetrical design and the splashes of color!

My second card uses another of my new loves - expect to be seeing a lot of the Tim Holtz Mini Blueprint stamps in the next little while.

The CASology Cue Card this week is Bunny, so I made a super clean and simple tag and mounted it on a green panel.



The "ribbon" on the tag is washi tape, which means I can also link it up to the Moxie Fab World Card Creations Week: The Washi Tape Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

13 comments:

  1. Jacquie, I love both cards...and I especially love the bunny image on a tag. What great colors, such a vibrant green card base! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with both of these cards, Jacquie. Love the colors and design for the TT and the bunny on the tag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards. Your first card is just so striking with the wild colors and the embossed Mehndi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fresh green and the 'scientific approach' to your bunny! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Tim Holtz bunny stamp. I thought it was a lot bigger though! It's perfect on a tag! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and takes on the Trigger and challenge! I love how the vibrant colors pop against the white embossing on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie these are both wonderful! I love the medallions with the "paint" strokes on the first card and the tag with that wonderful stamp and the unique use of the washi tape is so COOL!!!!
    :)Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun set of cards... love the simplicity of your CASology card! thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both! Such a cute bunny stamp on the tag. Your first one is so pretty, did you make your own paint like patterns? So pretty with the white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fun bunny image and the way you let it be the star of the card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    Love the fun, bold and free feel of the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are really great! Love the colorful swipes of ink on the first one. It really makes the embossed areas stand out. Your bunny is cute. I really like the green colored sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jacquie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in for all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!