Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Trigger: Elegant Emerald + Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds

I have a couple of cards to share today and first up is the Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Elegant Emerald.




There is so many ways to go with this inspiration image, but the first thing that jumped out a me was that gold belt, which led to this card.




I can't believe the Quilled Elegance stamp set didn't catch my eye when first released by Papertrey Ink, but after watching Joyce at Cards-by-the-Sea use it, it fell into my cart last month.

I used Versamark ink with a gold, glitter embossing powder to stamp the image and colored it in with Copic markers.




The next card I made for PTI's Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds. This week Heather Nichols demonstrated a couple of different ways to create a unique inked background and I used the resist ink technique on this card.



I randomly stamped images from the Funky Florals set with Versamark and clear embossing powder and then inked the panel with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink creating an ombre pattern.

A Half & Half die cut and Birthday Bash stamp make up the sentiment panel.

This card is also being linked to the Moxie Fab World Ombre Challenge - there is still time to play along!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

20 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards. The gold embossing on the quilled elegance card looks great with those blues. I love this set. Per its name, I do think it is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you, Jacquie, Joyce has completely been tempting me with that set. And it's a darn good thing you brought that one home ... it's PERFECT for the challenge photo! So beautiful embossed in gold, with the green coloring. Great emboss resist on your second card too. Very happy-looking : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 gorgeous cards. The blues are hilighted perfectly by the gold lines. And the pinks look seamless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant emerald with gold. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the TT card, it's so elegant! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog, I see we both like those blueprint stamps, now I'll have to get the small images set! Saw your present stamp, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--you totally nailed the challenge on the first card. I love that Quilled Elegance set embossed in gold. Need to file that idea for later use. And, perfect color choices for the middles. And, I am loving all the pinks in your second card--that really is a fun card, and all girl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Jacquie! What a perfect take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two amazing cards, Jacquie. Love the quilled elegance stamp set ~ the gold embossing is gorgeous with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah - so happy to see your card at the TT shout outs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your trigger target win! That gold detail looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum on both cards but LOVING how you interpreted the Trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love, love, love that gold! Congrats on being a trigger target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your target win Jacquie. You card is soooo elegant.
    The gold embossing gives such a regal look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to see your Gorgeous card as a TT win, Jacquie :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie, your TT card is so beautiful! And your pink card is delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards. The gold embossing on the
    TT is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY, yay, YAY!!! Way to go Jacquie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Jacquie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!