Saturday, March 16, 2013

MFW Chevron Challenge

I have been going through some of my older paper pads trying to decide whether to hang on to them or sign up for a local scrapbook store garage sale and clear out some of my stash. The problem is, every time I go through the paper I find something I like.

Here is a chevron pattern I found last night and immediately thought of Cath's Chevron Challenge at Moxie Fab World to celebrate the new issue of Card Creations.



To create a larger chevron pattern, I cut the paper in strips along the peaks of the chevron and then rearranged them on a piece of yellow patterned paper. There is a slight gap between the paper strips to add a bit of dimension and interest.



I trimmed the new panel along the edge of the chevron and added a birthday sentiment with foam adhesive.

You have until the end of the month to join in the fun - there are always great challenges to choose from at Moxie Fab World!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. I really love how your patterned chevron turned out! well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you even think of this stuff? Do you want to come and look thru my papers too?! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I love your giant chevron--how did you ever think of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative card Jacquie! I love how you did the chevrons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This technique is really cool, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-ee, what a great effect you've gotten here! So smart to cut the strips and make your own big chevron. Love it, Jacquie!! A perfect masculine card, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie this is so cool! You are so talented! Every post makes me want to get inky! To try new things and play! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!