Friday, March 15, 2013

Make It Monday #107: Clear Cards & Copics

I am back with a card that definitely took me more than the 10 minutes I spent on yesterday's post.

The PTI Make It Monday challenge was to make a clear card and use copic markers. You can see the details and video tutorial here. Am I the last to know PTI has identified trios of Copic colors that match their cardstock and ink colors?



I gave up trying to get a good photo of the card standing - there was just way to much glare and reflected images. The PTI Destination stamp set and Fabulous Frames dies are used to create the front of the card.

My original idea was to stamp and color directly onto the clear front, but my inks didn't co-operate!

When I walked away from the card yesterday, there was no sentiment or embellishments on the front panel and it just looked unfinished.



This morning I added the sentiment and a combination of brads and an enamel dot to finish it off. You can see how the globe and frame are floating on the front of the card.



The inside of the front of the card had die cut cardstock pieces adhered to it - these hide the adhesive used for the front pieces.



The inside of the card has another sentiment from the Destinations Stamp set and the green cardstock is adhered to the outside of this piece.

Cath at Moxie Fab World has some great challenges going on until the end of the month to celebrate the new Card Creations issue, so I am entering this card in The Chevron Challenge

A couple of you were asking where I took my snowy photo last weekend that you can see here - we were at Bailey's Resort on Palomar Mountain. This is what the mountain looks with fresh snow from my house, so you can see I wasn't too far from home.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. What a cool card--yes, I can see how it would take way more than 10 minutes! Love how you did that floating globe, and how the sentiment only appears when you lift the clear. Are you ordering tonight?--good luck, if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous clear card, Jacquie! The view from your home is breathtaking! I don't think I would ever want to leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Love all the elements. The frame came out beautifully. Great color combinations too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this card - the see-through aspect just makes it even more special. Beautiful photo! Wish we could have stayed longer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floating globe on your card is really cool, Jacquie. I love the way he brads tie in with the color scheme you used, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!