Saturday, March 2, 2013

MFT March 2013 Guest Designer Contest

Every month My Favorite Things hosts a Guest Designer contest on the MFT Forum at Splitcoaststampers. You can check out all the details of the challenge & fabulous prize package here!

The March the challenge is to create a card based on this sketch:


I can't seem to put away the Die-namics Squiggle Border these days and it found its way onto my Die-namics Fishtail Flag for this card!



I started with three My Mind's Eye Unforgetable papers die cut with the Squiggle Border, but decided to see how the Banana Split felt would work in place of the yellow paper - personally I love the extra texture the felt adds!

The flag panel is topped with a couple of LLD Accent It - Labels & Tabs dies. Once I started using the felt, I kept finding more places to use it - including a Blu Raspberry circle base for the sentiment panel. This photo gives you an idea of the depth and texture of the layers.



My daughter and most of her friends are turning sixteen this year, so I decided to use the Die-namics High-Rise Numbers instead of a stamped sentiment on the card front. A few stars & flowers cut from the LLD Accent It- Calendar Components dies and MME enamel dots are scattered across all the layers.

Because the card base is such a dark color, the inside of the card is finished off as well.



This gave me an opportunity to use a sentiment from the Complimentary Greetings stamp set.

Now it's your turn to create a card and join in the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




4 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super fun card. I hope you win--you would be a great MFT designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jacquie! Just wanted to let you know that you won my "look out world" giveaway! Email me your mailing address and I'll get the stamps out in the mail ASAP :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie this is so fun! I love the big 16 and the use of the felt for the numbers and the background circle! Great colors and flow!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!