Thursday, March 28, 2013

Make It Monday + Tuesday Trigger + Simon Says

I combined the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #109: Watercolor Stamping Plus Embossing with the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Pastel Pretties.


Cath at MFW posted this inspiration photos of Jordan Almonds which completely make me think of Greek weddings and baptisms. I'm sure they are used by other cultures too, but I don't remember seeing them before I married into a Greek Orthodox family.

Betsy Veldman has a great video tutorial for layering embossing on stamped watercolor images that you can check out at Capture the Moment.




Taking the color palette from the Tuesday Trigger image, a number of Distress Inks are used to randomly stamp the second image from The Sweet Life rose cluster around the perimeter of a white panel. The third rose image is then inked with Versamark and that image heat embossed over the watercolor roses.




The leaf images were inked and embossed the same way and a Big Favorites sentiment fills in the center space. 

The butterflies are punched from a water colored panel using the same colors as the roses and scattered across the card front.

Since Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp this week, I am also linking up there.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Betsy's video & need to get my card done. Love how this came out with such pretty colors & images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque, your work is inspired. Love the stamp set you used and the technique you applied. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful. I need to watch that video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE your bg - it is stunning!
    Happy Easter hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Absolutely fabulous job with this technique.. perfect! :) Thank you for joining us in "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absoloutely love your card - you've inspired me to try this with the sweet life rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! I watched the video for the technique and really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this one turned out! great job with the color inspiration photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jacquie.... this is nice, you did an amazing job with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - I have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Jacquie!!! Love how it turned out! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!