Thursday, March 14, 2013

Retro + CASology + 10 Minute Craft Dash + Moxie Fab Washi Challenge

I think I need to treat every card I make as a 10 Minute Craft Dash and the bonus is this one combines four challenges!

I had the retrosketch #54  in mind and pulled out a couple of Distress Inks and cardstock, stamps and washi tape and set the stop watch to see if I could pull this off.




In real life the greens are a closer match, but doubling up the washi tape did make a more intense shade.

CD_13


The "phone home" idea came from the CASology Cue Card: Extraterrestrial - ET was the first thing that came to my mind and I love any excuse to use one of the Mini Blueprint stamps.






Cath at Moxie Fab World has issued a number of challenges to celebrate Card Creations Week, including the Washi Tape Challenge.  The ribbon on this card is made by taking a long strip on washi tape and folding the sticky sides in on itself.




The result is almost a waxy feeling ribbon that I tied into a bow.



The final time for this one was just under 9 minutes and most of that time was fishing for letters to stamp the sentiment and folding the washi tape!

I'll be back later with a "way more than 10 minutes" card that I am taking a break from.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

13 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I have never seen a washi tape bow before- it's such a neat idea!

    Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Jacquie. I hope you can play along in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super--not only is it a great card, but 4 challenges in under 10 minutes--that has got to be a world record. I am loving those blueprint stamps you are using. Who makes them and/or where did you get them--I'd like to check them out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! challenge overload!! Do love the stamps you're using from Tim Holtz'- and love how your washi bow turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting way to blog! I am impressed, Jacquie. I find your ribbon very clever and it works really well on your card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage image on the kraft and the pop of green is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if anyone would go with the "phone home" idea...that was my first thought when I saw the cue, too! I love this color combo, and the washi tape is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I'm going to have that in my head all night now, "ET, phone hoooooome." Thanks for making me smile with your CAS card and thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it love it, what a great image and memory too! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome take on the cue word. Love that phone stamp! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquice, lovely card! I love the Washi Tape ribbon effect...
    Thanks for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - I hope we'll see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your take on the CASology challenge with ET's quote! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It takes me more than 10 minutes to stop rooting in my chocolate stash on the desk and sit my behind in my chair! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!