Friday, March 29, 2013

Muse + Colour Q + Chevron + Washi

Hi everyone, today I have two cards for four challenges.

The first is a new challenge for me and a little different. The Muse challenge only asks that you explain how the Muse card of the week inspired your creation - your are not tied to any style or specific products. This challenge club also requires all participants to be active in commenting on other entries and even voting for their favorites - I like these ideas a lot!

All the rules and current Muse Card by Ardyth Percy-Robb can be found over here.


I decided to use the  Colour Q Challenge #182 palette and kept changing my mind how I was going to use the colors. 


As you can see, I loosely used Ardyth's idea of circular shapes above and below the stamped sentiment. The three strips of washi tape help bring in all the colors of the palette and add a few more geometric shapes.

This card is also being linked to the Washi Tape Challenge at Moxie Fab World to celebrate the most recent issue of Card Creations.

My second card is one I came across while cleaning my desk earlier this week.



It is another in the series I call "Blueprint Cupcakes". This time I paper pieced the cupcake - the cupcake holder, background panel and sentiment panel are all made with chevron patterned papers.

I am not sure why I missed it when I posted the earlier cards, but I want to add it to the Moxie Fab Chevron Challenge that is coming to a close soon.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. 2 great cards! Love your Muse entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fab cards. I especially like the cupcake card. I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get that blueprint set. You should get comission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of the colors -- and washi tape!!

    ps - thanks for the heads up on my broken link! I fixed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Jacquie! Your Muse card is smashing with the vibrant colors in the Washi tape and in your perfectly stamped images! Personally, I think your interpretation of Ardyth's card is bang on (the image kind of reminds me of fireworks...so I just had to say bang on!)

    Your cupcake card is sporting some pretty dang awesome fussy cutting! No room for errors with lines this thin - awesome job :)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today to say hello. I love having visitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fab cards, love those starbursts and the way you used the washi tape to tie all the colours together. Cute cupcake ... amazing paper piecing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - it's really fun and has a lot of movement, two of my favourite things about the original I made. I'm so glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these bright fireworks! Great job on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week!! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquie you cards are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jacquie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty and bright, Jacquie, great cards! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!