Sunday, March 17, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #19 Meets Mini Blueprint Stamps

I'm still working on a set of gift cards that need to get in the mail by Monday. They need to be clean & simple, so decided to use the CAS(E) this Sketch! #19 sketch today. The details of this challenge blog can be found here.



I made a couple of cards, but this is my favorite so far:



These Mini Blueprint stamps might just have a permanent spot on my desk! They are part of the Tim Holtz Collection from Stampers Anonymous and I am lucky enough to have local scrapbook and stamp stores that carry them, but they are also available online at Simon Says Stamp. I haven't felt so much love for a set of stamps in ages.

This is the first image I stamped, colored & cut today, but I struggled with where to add a sentiment banner.  

After going onto card 2 (and a different struggle), I came back to this one and pulled out a MFT sentiment & die and stamped on a light blue vellum.


The sentiment lifts off the stamped panel and the adhesive is hidden by a couple of gems.

Here is the second image I stamped & first card I finished today. The struggle with this card was to find a the right tone & shade of pink in my patterned paper stash to go under the image panel.


A wood grain pink pattern from American Crafts finally made it to the top of the pile - after using vellum for the banner on the other card, I kind of wish I'd used it here too.

And, just because I can,  I am sharing a card I made last weekend with the same blueprint stamp.




I have a few more cards to get done so it's back to the office for me!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. Very cool, Jacquie. I think it's great the way you can color the stamped image different colors and really make the stamp look entirely different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards. You have got me wanting those blueprint stamps, too. Where did you get them locally? I just may have to drop by there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these - you've clearly demonstrated the versatility of the sketch as well as that blueprint stamp! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love how you changed up the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job in getting these different looks! I have seen those images a couple times now ... seems like a fun set. I really love the blue vellum with the present behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the four of them, Jacquie. Those blueprint stamps have me intrigued. You created such different looks with just one stamp!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!