Monday, March 11, 2013

MFTWSC114 + CAS-ual Fridays + Simon Says

Hi, I'm back! Did you miss me? Did you notice I was gone for a few days LOL?

This time of year I head to the mountains with a wonderful group of crafty friends for four days of creative play time. Rain was in the forecast for sea level, but at 6,000 feet we woke up to this on Friday morning. Did I mention I live in San Diego County and this is only 40 miles from home?

ETA: Bailey's Resort on Palomar Mountain


Yes, that is 8 inches of fresh snow! My children have a hard time believing I didn't go out to play in it.

By Sunday afternoon, the cars still had to be dug out, but the snow was too wet to bother filling the cooler for a snowball fight at home and the 8 inches on top of the van slid off halfway down the mountain.

Here are a couple of my weekend creations - first up is a card for the My Favorite Things Weekly Stamp Club over at Splitcoaststampers.



The vertical greetings stamp and fishtail flag are mine, but I took advantage of having access to a few more dies and used the Sentimental Flourish and Scalloped Ribbon Border as well.

Because my card base is so dark, I finished off the inside of the card too.




The next two cards are part of a gift set I am working on and use the same cupcake blueprint stamp from Tim Holtz.




I used Copics to color in the image and will submit this to CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 93: Color Blocks and Simon Says Stamp a Bit O' Green.


CFC93: Use blocks of color in your Clean And Simple creations.
As always, projects are NOT limited to just cards :)






Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. We brought a cooler of snow back for Jonah! He and his friends had a blast, even if it was more like ice than snow. LOL Love the cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards! love the flourish on the first one.-Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blueprint cupcake, Jacquie! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp "A Bit of Green" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--where were you--Big Bear? What a fun weekend you had. I love the cards you made. That blueprint type cupcake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! That is a whole lot of snow, wow! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun cupcake image! And that snowfall looks so pretty. Looks like you had a great time crafting in the mountains. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful! Love the snow picture what mt. Is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well your recipient will now have a handy reference on how to engineer the perfect birthday cupcake ... what a great image! And a beautiful snow scene. Just amazing. So glad you joined the CASual Fridays Challenge this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!