Saturday, August 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop Challenge

I loved the inspiration photos from Nichole Heady's blog for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. Head over there and join in the challenge to use autumn textures, textiles & patterns in a project.


Blog-hop-1
Blog-hop-2

I put a few of my new PTI products to good use with this card.




My first step was to score a white card base for a faux corduroy look. I die cut "thankful" from a piece of Kraft cardstock that had been embossed with the Herringbone Impression Plate. To enhance the embossed pattern, I lightly inked over the top of the die cut.

The stamped sentiment is from the PTI Thanks All Ways stamp set and is tucked under a small panel stamped with the PTI Background Basics: Herringbone Stamp Set.

A little Baker's twine and the leftover piece from a zigzag border cut round out the pieces that were used to put together this card.

Off to check out all the other Blog Hop creations!

Thanks for stoppng by,

Jacquie


17 comments:

  1. very nice detail work on what at first glance looks like a simple card. thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the herringbone stamped like that on its side-- it really draws your eyes right to the sentiment! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful~looks like we were both thinking to marry that herringbone and die. Great minds... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the creative ways you used herringbone in this stamp. I agree with you that I am ready for school to start. I am going to go to a class at Paper Tales with the one and only Kim Hughes of Paper Smooches. Will I see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I like all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! i love that you stamped the die cut sentiment! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely card! Terrific use of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, all those textures are fantastic! Love how you made the herringbone into arrows of sorts. Great card, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the twine, the impression plates, the herringbone and the textured cardstock! Great take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous take on the theme! Love all the textures and patterns you have included. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie,
    This is really innovative. How clever to dry emboss and then die cut the Thankful sentiment. I love the masculine colors. Also, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment on my blog. ( - :

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like all the pattern you brought into this card, between the stamping and the textures, it really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is GORGEOUS Jacquie! I love how you embossed the "thankful" die cut with the herringbone before cutting it out! All the details on this card just come together beautifully! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Great colour and texture.-Irma

    ReplyDelete
  15. diggin the greys..I have used those as well on a few cards. cherry

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!