Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - A Pin Therein

I'm not sure what jumped out at me first when I saw the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - the hexagons or beaded pins - but I knew I would be using them both on a card.





This is what I came up with.




Once again, I poked through my scrap basket to see what I could quilt together and came up with a pink and yellow color palette. I adhered the hexagons to a rough cut cardstock base just to keep them together while I worked on the rest of the card.

The "fabric" is a piece of 1.5" ribbon that I stained with Vintage Photo distress ink. This ribbon feels like raw silk and came from either Michael's or Hobby Lobby  I like that there is a nubby texture to this and the ink enhanced it.




Once stained, I cut the ribbon into 2 pieces and ran 1/8th inch tape down one side of the front of each piece.  I hope this picture shows how I adhered the ribbon at the top and bottom of the card front and flipped the loose ends toward each other in the middle.




The loose ends were overlapped slightly and adhered to the card front. The hexagon piece was then added on top, covering the ribbon seam.

I glued beads to a few different pins. They dried quickly while I was putting together the other parts of the card and slipped easily into the ribbon. 




Whenever my dear daughter is ready to give away or throw out a piece of beaded jewelry, I always check to make sure there isn't something I might want to add to my stash.  I know some of these pink beads have come into my possession this way.

Sorry for the blurry picture - I still need to resolve my damaged camera lens problem {sigh}.

A piece of lace tape and a sentiment from Papertey Ink round out the supplies.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love this! Speaks to my shabby heart. so glad to have found another cardmaker.. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the Tuesday trigger. Very clever use of hexagons. Also, super idea to use those sun rays as a banner. I like the alternating pattern and the double sided paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I just love hexagons, and yours are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your lovely card and thought your ribbon was amazing! And the pins, gorgeous. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!