Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #54 Purple Pizazz

Purple is my longtime favorite color, yet one that I rarely use in a papercrafting project. You are looking at the lady who once painted her house purple, and yet I shy away from using it on cards or scrapbooking layouts?!

Hmmm . . . the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #54 is Purple Pizazz and Ribbon, so I had to give it a try.




I really adore the plum pleated ribbon from May Arts and have hoarded this for too long. I also had a piece of organza ribbon in the right color.

The wheels started turning and I decided to highlight the organza ribbon by putting it under a piece of patterned paper (BasicGrey Eerie) that had a decorative border punched along one side.. The pleated ribbon was layered on the patterned paper and a piece of ivory rickrack ribbon covered the center seam.

The card is finished with a sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Thanks All Ways stamp set and a few pearls (the smaller ones are colored to match with a copic marker).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


1 comment:

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!