Monday, August 20, 2012

MFTWSC85 Knowledge is Power

In honor of my dear son's first day back to  school, combined with my desire to play with my new My Mind's Eye School Daze paper pad, I made this card using the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch at Splitcoast Stampers.




My card:




I used the MFT Inspired by Knowledge stamp set for the book stack, globe and sentiment on the tag. The ink I used for the globe & books is new to me: Memento Espresso Truffle and I really love the brown/black shade. The images are colored with Copics, trimmed and mounted on the patterned paper. The stars are cut using the Staxs dies, with a Teresa Collins Bling star in the center, and adhered with foam adhesive to pop up in the corner.

A number of MFT border dies were also put to use today: the small open scallop, large scallop and large scalloped scallop.

Sadly, I  am on the lookout for a good deal on a Canon DSRL 18-55 mm lens. The repair estimate was just a smidge over the amount we were willing to pay, so I am relying on one of my dear daughter's point & shoot camera's for now (and trying to figure out how she has come to own three?!).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Rub it in that you snagged that pad first! humph!

    I love love love this card! Those papers were worth knocking your best friends to the ground.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacquie - love this card! That stamp set is one that I need to order! It is gorgeous and I love the way you colored it! Just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!