Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #165

What a surprise to discover this morning, when I went to link this card to the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge here at Karen Giron's blog, I had a whole extra day {grin}. This means I ran off to do a few other chores and am now getting back to a blog post.

The first couple of weeks transitioning into the school schedule are always a little tough in our house. One dear child is still in vacation mode and one is already into early mornings & homework. Lots of little things being thrown at us this month to further add to the chaos - I will not bore you with the details, but have ended up cell phoneless for a month because I can live without one, but apparently dear daughter can not.

Whine over, back to the sketch:



And my take on it:



I did rush it a bit, but need to get onto other things, so the wonky star stays.

The card is for my dear daughter, so I used the My Favorite Things License Plate Die & Stamp to put a smile on her face: she starts school on Monday and is eagerly anticipating getting her driver's permit November 1st.

This is the girl who was only interested in playing with dolls if they came with a car. In fact, when we moved to California, we whittled her Barbie vehicle collection in half. I want to say we brought 17 with us, that is the number that jumped in my head, but it does seem excessive. I'll have to ask her when she wakes up. Just to be clear, most of the collection was gifted to her or inherited from older cousins (an huge advantage of being the youngest female on dear husband's side).

The MFT Stax dies were used to cut the star and the fishtail flags layered on the bottom panel. Another Teresa Collins bling star is (sort of) centered on the die cut star and the edges are stickled.

All the designer papers are from the same My Mind's Eye School Daze pad I picked up last weekend and used on the last card I posted.

I am really looking forward to mid-September when (crossing fingers) we will be into a nice, steady rhythm and routine.


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. Love the paper...sigh... LOL I did not get that stamp and die set and every time I see it, I regret not buying it... Tell kid#1 to have a great start next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow school...I am not looking forward to Sept 5th when we are back at it too! It is hard to get back into the routine! Love your card Jacquie! Those are the perfect papers!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!